– New feature: Female dwarves! Meet new angry drunks. Every tavern now has a more diverse population of dwarves.
– Defrosted the fridge and scraped the mold off the interior.
– Added support for a super secret special addition. More on this later.
– Performance improvements that should help with the more busy taverns.
– Fixed the volume slider.
– Lowered volume of the cash register.
– Minor bug fixes.
Catland will be showing off our exciting bartending game TAPHOUSE VR at X Reality Day!
Request an invite: www.xrealityday.com
X Reality Day on the 30th of November in SLUSH, Helsinki, will gather the best VR/AR startups, investors from Silicon Valley, Asia & Europe, C-Level Executives, key media and industry experts under one roof. It brings together the early adopters of the new technology to present the latest innovations within virtual and mixed realities.
WHY? Window to the future of business. $120 billion market by 2020.
WHAT? Talks, Panels, Showcases, Nordic VR Startups Demo Day, Networking.
WHO? Industry professionals, startups, investors, media and stakeholders.
WHEN & WHERE? 3 – 9pm, November 30th 2017. Kokoustamo 103, Conference Centre, Messuaukio 1, 00520 Helsinki.
X Reality Day at SLUSH is organized by Nordic VR Startups, a Nordic VR accelerator, in collaboration with ArcticStartup, a startup media and events company. The event is supported by Tekes, Nordisk Film, Google and FIVR.
– New tavern: CIDER GUILD HALL! This hard tavern is great for practicing your skills around a small bar with a lot of customers.
– New feature: Dwarves now order shots! Pour them the amount of shots of the right kind to rake in the dough.
– New feature: Dwarves now order bucketfuls of beverages. You can find a bucket under the counter.
– New feature: Leaderboards! Track your progress and become the best bartender. You can find the leaderboards at your home hub.
– New scoring algorithm for the game that takes into account knocked out customers and drink accuracy as well as the old values (gold, etc.)
– New beverage: Water
– Tweaked lighting to suit our gloomy tavern atmosphere a bit better
– Significantly faster loading times
– Removed useless glass rack buttons
– Prettier UI for the options and game menu
– Better beverage shader
– Added achievement for completing a shift at the Cider Guild Hall.
– Minor text fixes
– Minor bug fixes and performance improvements
Helsinki, FINLAND: October 17th, Catland Ltd, a VR game studio based in Finland, released Taphouse VR, the best drunk dwarf bartending simulator on the planet to Steam Early Access. In Taphouse VR, the player gets to be the bartender in a fantasy tavern. You can make recipe drinks and pour ale for misbehaving drunk dwarves.
Commenting on the game, the Catland Ltd. CEO Tomi Toikka said, “Developing Taphouse VR has been quite the journey for us. Going to Early Access means we get to gather valuable community feedback and with the game being free, we get a large audience to build the game with.”
The initial launch of Taphouse VR features three taverns to work in and many different drinks to mix, pour and pummel around the counter. The crazy customers play games, get into bar fights and order outrageous amounts of alcohol. The game has two modes: Normal mode, where you bartend for a set time limit and get a rating based on how well you fare, and Sandbox – a free mode ideal for showcasing the game to your friends and family.
Taphouse VR on Steam supports the HTC Vive and the Oculus Rift with Touch controllers. Later on, the game will also support Microsoft Mixed Reality headsets. The game requires motion controllers and room-scale setup to play.
The game can be downloaded from Steam free of charge.
Tomi Toikka / CEO
+358 45 846 1006
About Catland Ltd
Catland was founded in 2017 by games industry professionals. The company has four employees, and the offices are currently based in Helsinki, Finland. In May 2017, Catland joined Nordic VR Startups accelerator program to develop Taphouse VR further under the guidance of VR and games industry veterans. Learn more at https://www.catland.studio/.
Helsinki, FINLAND: September 5th, Catland Ltd, a VR game studio, announced the early access release date for their first game Taphouse VR. In Taphouse VR, the player gets to experience being a bartender in a fantasy tavern full of drunken dwarf customers. You can serve and mix various drinks and beverages while trying to manage your horrendously behaving customers at the same time. Taphouse VR is releasing worldwide on Steam Early Access October 17th, 2017.
Commenting on the game, the Catland Ltd. CEO Tomi Toikka said, “Taphouse VR is the single best drunk dwarf bartender simulator on the planet. It’s like ‘My Summer Bar’. If you want to experience a horrible approximation of night life after 1 AM in a local drinking hole, boy do we have a game for you”.
Taphouse VR is being developed for the HTC Vive, with potential future platforms coming after Early Access. The team at Catland aims to provide constant content updates and exciting feature additions such as additional taverns and drink recipes during its time in the Early Access program.
Tomi Toikka / CEO
+358 45 846 1006
About Catland Ltd
Catland was founded in 2017 by games industry professionals. The company has five employees, and the offices are currently based in Helsinki, Finland. In May 2017, Catland joined Nordic VR Startups accelerator program to develop Taphouse VR further under the guidance of VR and games industry veterans. Learn more at https://www.catland.studio/.